2 cups Unsalted chicken broth -- defatted
1 tablespoon Olive oil
2 teaspoons Ground cumin
2 tablespoons Pickling spice
1/2 Red bell pepper -- sliced
1 pound Boneless chicken breast -- halves
1/2 Yellow bell pepper -- sliced
2 tablespoons Minced jalapeno chili with -- seeds
1 Onion, halved -- thinly sliced
1/3 cup Rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup Fresh cilantro leaves
3 large Garlic cloves -- minced
baked (no oil) tortilla chips
- Boil broth and pickling spice in heavy large saucepan ten minutes.
- Strain and return liquid to saucepan. Add chicken, onion, vinegar,garlic, oil and cumin to pan. Simmer over very low heat until chicken is just cooked through, about ten minutes.
- Transfer chicken and onions to shallow dish. Top with bell peppers and minced chilli. Boil cooking liquid until reduced to 2/3 c, about ten minutes.
- Pour liquid over chicken and let cool 30 minutes.
- Add cilantro to chicken mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, turning chicken occasionally, about 4 hours (can be prepared one day ahead).
- Slice chicken and transfer to plates.
- Top with marinated vegetables and some of the juices. Pass tortilla chips to use as "pushers." .