Friday, November 28, 2008

Butter Way Rolls!

Nothing compliments a good southern meal better than some good ole rolls.

Here are some of the best.

1-1/2 cup warm water
2 pkg dry yeast
4 cups flour
1/4 cup Sugar
1-1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup shortening
1 egg

Pour warm water in hot a mixing bowl and add yeast. Stir until dissolved. Add half the flour, all the sugar, salt, shortening & egg. Start mixer on medium speed and beat until smooth - about 2 minutes. Add rest of flour and stir in by hand and beat 2 minutes. Cover with damp towel and let rise about 30 minutes. Grease muffin tins - use Pam. Stir down batter in 20 to 25 strokes. Spoon into pans filling hafl full. Let rise in warm place until batter reaches top of pan. About 20 to 30 minutes. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes.

Yield: 24 rolls

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love rolls and my favorite one is honey roll..It takes forever to make rolls though.one time I made a Philippine roll called pan de sal and it took me a long time to finish it. I will try to make honey rolls next time when I get a lot of time:)

Pippin Party said...

Looks like a nice easy one. Will have to give it a try!