Saturday, September 3, 2011

Rnovating your home


Guest written by our friend Mason Abbott

For all of you out there who are considering redoing your home, great! I think it’s an awesome idea and I’ve been remaking houses for years but I’ve got a few suggestions that I’ve learned along the way that I’m going to share in hopes of making your whole process easier. First of all, you’ve got to find a contractor you trust and stick with them. Use your www.satellitestarinternet.com internet to look up recommended ones in your area or ask friends, but don’t skip this step. After that, you’ve got to set a really realistic budget. I see people go into a house that needs 50k worth of work and say they can do it for 20…you can’t! Things are going to be more expensive than you think so set a budget then double it. Lastly you’ve got to be on the job as much as possible. Even if you trust your contractor you can’t be at work 12 hours a day and expect everything to get done on time. Monitor, monitor, monitor, that’s what I always say!





 

No comments: