Sunday, November 6, 2011

Southern Roots

Post contributed by Leonard Phelps

Being from the south meant I was really close to my family so when my wife got the job of a lifetime out here in Vegas it was a pretty scary proposition. I was worried to death that things would be so incredibly different out here and we’d never adjust but to be honest, other than the lack of trees and grass things aren’t all that dissimilar to being at home in the south! Housing is so cheap out here so we found a great place and have adt security las vegas and the two car garage and all that stuff we’ve been wanting forever. I can’t imagine a way of life that doesn’t include time outdoors with my kids and this is actually a really great city for that. There’s lots of hiking and day trips and places to explore that aren’t far away and even my wife is loving her new job which is good enough for me. There’s nothing I would do for some good southern cooking though!

1 comment:

Sandee said...

I'm glad you like where you are, but I can relate about missing the food you are used to having.

Have a terrific day Willy. :)