Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Saving


Guest post written by Derick Burks

I need to figure out a way to curb my spending that won’t make me feel deprived. Every month I try to do new things to save, but I always end up reverting to my old ways. There is only so long I can go without going out with my friends or buying a new pair of shoes. I know my car is about to die, and I am nervous about it because I don’t think I can afford to take on a new payment right now. I guess I could ask my boss for a raise, but I don’t think he can afford to give me one right now. One of my girlfriends told me I could probably save if I went to http://www.cabletelevision.net/ and changed from cable to satellite TV. That is a start, but it’s not going to be enough to get me a down payment on a new car. I guess for now I just need to hope that my car lasts me a little longer and save as much as I can. I can’t make myself miserable thinking about things that may or may not happen in the future.

No comments: