Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Enthusiasm of Billy Mays


Guest written by our friend Trent Horton

My favorite Infomercial on TV would the OxiClean commercials with the late Billy Mays. I have always liked Infomercials but now I can watch many more as I stay up late watching my favorite infomercial on satellite TV.

The enthusiasm Billy Mays showed always put a smile on my face. Billy Mays seemed like he really enjoyed his job. I can really see him being great at selling those premium sports packages like the ones on http://www.direct.tv/direct-tv-sports-packages.html. Anyways, back to the informerical. As I would watch the OxiClean infomercial I would daydream that I was like Billy Mays. Not that I wanted to do Infomercials but in the aspect if enjoying my work. I wish I could go to my job each day and show as much enthusiasm has Billy Mays did during the Infomercials I would see him in.

Billy Mays was great but I also was fascinated by the OxiClean commercials. Billy Mays would make it look so simply to use. It seemed like the snake oil that people use to sell during the early 1900's but OxiClean is a product that actually works.

I have watched Billy Mays sell OxiClean countless times. My wife gets mad that I am always watching Infomercials but it's like I tell her it is better that I watch Infomercials then go to the bar and pick up on strange women.

----
Willy sometimes uses a guest post.  Hope you got something from it.  10-4 Willy

No comments: