Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sugar Overload is Part of Christmas

Willy has cooked up another guest post this evening.  Check this out and see what is cooking.   10-4 Willy
---------------------------------

Guest post from: Steve Delaney

I wrapped the last gift this morning, loaded the box of presents into the trunk of the car, then went back inside to turn off all the lights and set our home Security Systems before the kids and I set out for our Christmas trip to Austin to visit the folks. This year the box of presents was a little smaller than in years past, but I'm grateful that we can afford to share what we can. And seeing my parents in Austin is what makes the trip special anyway.

Of course, Mom's boiled cookies and hot chocolate add to the specialness of our holiday vacation. My two sons ask for it almost before we can get inside Mom's and Dad's house. This year was no different. The boys tumbled out of the car, ran to the front porch to share hugs with Mom and Dad and then started bouncing up and down and calling for the goodies. Mom hustled the boys inside out of the warmish afternoon air while Dad helped me carry in the gifts and suitcases.

Now we're waiting for my sister and her family to arrive from Dallas so that we can get this year's celebration underway. Popping corn to string to put on the tree, sprinkling powdered sugar on homemade funnelcake--I'd better start thinking about the diet that starts on Monday!

2 comments:

Sandee said...

Very well said. This was played out in so many different towns, cities and homes. Happened here too. I ate way too many sweet goodies. I've gotten rid of that weight though.

Have a terrific day. :)

Petit Jean Meats said...

Hi Willy - Just wondering if you have a contact button...couldn't find it. Would love to let you know about an opportunity you may be interested in at Petit Jean Meats. Please email me at your convenience and I will fill you in. Thanks! misty@pjmeats.com